Shelbourne Reynolds is a highly successful and well-established business who designs and manufactures innovative equipment for worldwide agricultural markets.
As an apprentice you will spend time learning all aspects of the manufacturing journey on our factory floor. This will include the machine shop where you will be trained to use manual Lathes, Milling and Drilling machines. Sheet metal where you will learn to cut, bend, and manipulate metal. Welding and weld kitting will help you identify the smaller parts of our machines and how to fabricate metal together to industry standards. In paint shop you will discover the process of preparing items for paint, shot blasting and powder coating, in our dedicated paint workshop. Finally you will spend time in fitting, learning how the components all come together and make the end product.
We are seeking the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn
- Transport due to our location
- Understanding of different types of metals beneficial
- Able to work under your own initiative and pressure
- A passion for engineering
Minimum qualifications required for the apprenticeship:
5 GCSEs at Grade 4 and above in Maths; English (or equivalent).
(If you don’t have your grades yet but you’re due to sit your exams this year, we still want to hear from you)
Benefits and schedule:
- Monday to Thursday 8.00-16.30, Friday 8.00-15.30
- Based in Stanton, Suffolk
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday a year (exclusive of bank holidays)
- A competitive hourly rate
- Permanent contract
- Progression and full training
- Paid overtime