Quality Inspector - Mechanical Engineering
We are currently recruiting for a quality inspector to join our inspection team, to partake in checks of machined components used within our products. You will be ensuring all manufactured parts are created to the high standards of Shelbourne Reynolds. This role would be suitable for a keen individual, who is interested in the processes of manufacturing to produce consistent results.
Duties and responsibilities
- To flag any rejects/rework data by activity, process, department, individual etc.
- To manage process improvements through liaison with all departments including the Drawing Office.
- To log and monitor quality issues
- To monitor and expedite design improvements with the Drawing Office.
- To monitor and improve jigs used in the manufacturing build process’s
- To be involved in establishing quality standards for production of new products.
- To carry on improving and implementing process change to ensure repetitive mistakes are minimised
- Perform measurements of all parts requiring quality checks
- Maintain gauge calibration status within the organisation
- Partake in quality audits when required and report any findings to your supervisor
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task between projects
- Clear communication skills
- A knowledge of manufacturing/engineering
- Ability to read drawings
- Ability to work on your own and part of a team
- Good judgement and ability to make decisions in a timely manner
Benefits and Schedule
- Monday to Thursday 8.00-16.30, Friday 8.00-15.30
- Based in Stanton, Suffolk
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday a year (exclusive of bank holidays)
- Permanent contract
- Progression and full training
- Paid overtime